Tuesday, September 4, 2012

PhotoPrompt:


Although it is Tuesday, Sept. 4, I am putting forward this photo of two children on a farm in 1959.

What would you write about them?  What are they about to do?  Why is the boy carrying an adult lunch box?  Look at the girl--dressed in cute shoes and pretty dress and blouse.

Write a poem, prose, short story, or just a reaction to these two little children!  Link it back to this site, and check out the other participants on the right side bar beneath the rabbit. 

6 comments:

  1. They are surely up to something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This little boy has that look in his eyes, doesn't he?

      Delete
  2. Looks like he's ready for school, but she probably has to stay home with mama. It's a sweet picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This photo is my younger siblings, ages 2 and 4. Knowing what I do about them, it will be difficult to limit my prose/poem/whatever to one thing.

      Delete
  3. Love these old photos and someday maybe I will have some time to check out this photo prompt Monday. Looks like fun. Just stopped by to say hi and tell you that I enjoyed your story in Open Doors very much! Have a great Wednesday!

    Siv Maria's blog, Been there, done that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked that you acknowledged that your younger sibling 'had that look in his eye'. My older brothers blamed me for rather a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!