Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Brain Cobwebs





It has been a cobweb brain week.  Cobwebs have been hanging down in shreds in my brain.  No longer viable cobwebs, these cobwebs have ceased engaging in catching anything, let alone a victim bug.

There have been times that my brain cobwebs were shiny and newly spun, catching words, magnificent words!  My brain would wrap those juicy words in silken cocoons to be feasted upon later.

So I will give you some cobwebs to gaze upon, instead of my witty words.

Cobwebs among the hibiscus
Huge cobweb barely seen against the fence
Cobwebs with the lemons
Cobwebs with the wateringcan
Cobwebs in my kitchen sink...so embarrassed

12 comments:

  1. Cobwebs in the sink....now that IS embarrasing lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair (to me), I was gone for nearly 3 weeks and had left the cupcake tins unattended. But, still...

      Delete
  2. I am always amazed how quickly these cobwebs appear. The ones in my head now seem to be accumulating at an increasing rate. I'll need more than a swifter duster for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha funny how they can be anywhere. I hate when you walk right through one. Sometimes cobwebs can appear even in the best of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true--everyone is subject to real or metaphorical cobwebs.

      Delete
  4. I feel there's a cobweb in my brain growing bigger and dustier ever since I started my summer vacation. Can't wait till I get back to school and clean them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping that getting back into the school schedule helps you!

      Delete
  5. Dear Susan, cobwebs always remind me of Native American dream catchers. So maybe that cobweb in the sink is enfolding within itself a dream for you. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. those cobwebs catch a lot of things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes they are things of beauty as well. Cobwebs in the morning light with frost or dew drops on them are a delight. Mental cobwebs? I think they are probably better than the porridge that is in my head a lot of the time.
    Be kind to yourself. As kind as you would be to anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cobwebs are temporary... so flimsy that they can be dusted off with one sweep of the hand.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!