Wednesday, July 25, 2012

PhotoPrompt: The Boy and his Cat



Mom said I made a mess in the kitchen.  That I tracked in grass and mud. 

Well, boy, you did actually make a mess.  You always make a mess when you wear your wellies.

But, Midnight, we had to walk through the tall grass to get to the tall tree.  And there was mud, so we had to walk in it.

But, boy.  You did not just walk in the mud.  You stomped in the mud.  See, I have to clean my fur!

She yelled at me.  She said, “You are seven years old, and should know better than to….”  But, I stopped listening, so I don’t know what she said next.

Yes, boy.  You should know better.  I am only three, and I know not to make a mess!

Midnight, you’re a cat.  Cats are different.  They don’t wear wellies.

Yes, boy, we are different.  WE don’t splash in mud.  Oh, look!  The woman is opening the door!  She has…

Mom!  Cookies with milk!  Thanks, Mom!  I’ll be more careful.

No, boy.  You will not be more careful, but the woman knows that.

26 comments:

  1. Oh yes...the woman knows that. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it comes to boys and tramping in stuff, yes. The mother knew that.

      Delete
  2. haha yep will surely happen again and again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boys will be boys!

    I had fun with your picture also. Thanks Susan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boys make all mothers into realists. Mud happens. And happens...

      Delete
  4. I love the back-and-forth between the boy and the cat. Clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cats are always thinking, I am sure of that!

      Delete
  5. This was delightful. You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you got a handle on creativity yourself!

      Delete
  6. Awww, very sweet. Love the insight into the mind of the cat... sometimes I wonder what they're really thinking, especially around little boys. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cats are deep thinkers and like little boys who take them on wild adventures.

      Delete
  7. Yep, we just keep handing the cookie plate over anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightful exchange between the boy and the cat. Moms are always forgiving... and they know everything going on inside a little boy's mind... and they always come through with treats...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. You have a boy or two, don't you!? Boys. Sigh.

      Delete
  10. Dear Susan, indeed the mother, being a good mother, does know that! What a wonderfully creative mind you have. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the exchange between boy and cat.

      Delete
  11. Of course cats wear wellies. I've read all about "Puss in Boots" :)
    Have a peaceful weekend, Susan.
    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true! And I also think cats speak with Antonio Bandera's silky voice.

      Delete
  12. haha how true...eventually they get it....right?!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One can hope and pray, but I don't think so.

      Delete
  13. Oh bless that is so cute! Great voice(s)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boys tend to have strong skills in rationalizing their mistakes.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!