Monday, June 11, 2012

The Woman at the Top

From Arleen at Starting over, Accepting Changes-Maybe

Snap.   

Snap. Snap. “Okay, darling, now try this with your arms raised, you know, like you just did a triple on the balance beam.  Marvelous!”

Snap.  Snap.  “Remember to smile!  This is a victorious moment: you’ve made it to the top! Work it!  Work it!  Fabulous!”

Snap.  Snap.  “Now, let’s try it with you taking a few steps back closer to the edge….
What do you mean you’re done?...
What are you doing?...
Hey, give me back the camera!...
I mean it: Give me back the damn camera!...
That camera cost…Nooooooo!
You idiot!  I knew I should have gone with that other model…”

“Where are you going?  No, don’t drive off without me!  I’m sorry...I didn't mean it about the other model!...I'll get a new camera…don’t leave me here…I hate heights…”



12 comments:

  1. I would have stood on the ground with one hand on that stone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have been on all fours, which would not have been a good photo.

      Delete
  2. I hope he comes back for her.....imagine being stuck up there and being all alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, actually, she left him at the top. Once he suggested the steps closer to the edge, she was done. Tossed his camera. Took the Range Rover. Walk down the mountain, buddy!

      Delete
  3. A nice twist on the visual... the Carpenters lyrics came to mind: "I'm on the top of the world looking, down on creation and the only explanation I can find..." Well, we know the explanation... *chuckles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Karen Carpenter! Well, now the photographer can experience "Rocky Mountain High".

      Delete
  4. haha those cameras are expensive, I can see why he was angry..haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I imagine he can buy another. He may have lost several cameras, if he has that bad habit of insulting the talent.

      Delete
  5. So perish all two faced photographers. I had thought it was heading towards a much darker place...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it could have. Thought the photographer left behind was dark enough!

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!