Monday, June 4, 2012

PhotoPrompt Monday: Oak Trees

Oak trees

I miss the shades of green of Ireland and the Midwest.  Here in California, the color green is not the same as those lush places.  This photo caught me with its mossy green, the curve of the boughs, the girth of the trunks...I want to be right there.

Tomorrow I will post my fiction story on this oak grove.  Please be sure to visit the following sites:


Julie from
Empty Nest Insider 
Amy from
  That Amy Saia 
Danielle from
  Sweet Tea Reads 
Elephants Child from
  Elephant's Child 
Susan from
  thecontemplativecat
and Arleen from
Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe   
Austan's Space

 


An ancient grove of oak trees lining a path--do you want to walk beneath them?  What would you see and hear?  Who planted these oaks in a line?  How old are they, do you reckon?

Writers will have all week to consider what they want to write.  It can be prose, poetry, long, short, fiction, non fiction.  Work can be posted at any time.  We have no schedules to keep, no rules to follow except that someone needs to post a photo on Monday.

Write a quick flash fiction using this photo as your inspiration.  What is keeping you from doing this??  Go, now, quickly, while the green flows around you!

14 comments:

  1. As Liz Lemon on 30 rock would say...
    I want to go to there!
    I love pictures like this. They bring so much peace and the need for a long walk through the woods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One can almost breathe in the air when looking at this photo.

      Delete
  2. What a super picture... Something is stirring in my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those trees are quite the sight, be nice to have them in your backyard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would settle for a park nearby. So amazing.

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous picture! Sometimes I forget to appreciate how green it is here in the Midwest where I live. I love California every time I've visited and think I would love living there, but sometimes it's nice to be reminded of what I have in my own backyard as well.

    I'm looking forward to reading the stories for this wonderful pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Growing up in Illinois, I never knew how green it is; that is, until I lived in the Mojave Desert in California! Now, near San Diego, we have a shade of green, but nothing like this photo.

      Delete
  5. Oh, what a beautiful picture. I also love the lush greenery on the east coast and midwest. As much as I love California and it's beautiful flowers, I rather the foliage that surrounds me at home..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Green always come with a price of lots of rain and cool weather or humid summers. It is a hard choice sometimes.

      Delete
  6. i wish we could just write it in our comments--i am never quite sure how to do these---lovely post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why not write it here in the comments? Or, mention your take on this photo in the comments, and readers will pop over to your site.

      Delete
  7. To all: I long for such greenery. I just changed my template design background: The Cliffs of Moher in Ireland, which is the ultimate in lush green.

    My own take of this photo will be posted tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a stunning picture! Creates a sense of tranquility...

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!