Saturday, June 2, 2012

Melynda Fleury: A Fury to Behold!

Author of Just Nonsense

She has done it again!  That wild, crazy woman has come out with a new book, More Nonsense!

When I read her first book, Just Nonsense, I laughed and wept as she told about her adventurous life.  Nothing about Melynda is everyday.  From the beginning of her life, it seems that Melynda has never taken the easy road to anywhere.

On a personal level, Melynda is a supportive friend blogger.  My pregnant daughter recently discovered that she has gestational diabetes.  Melynda has had diabetes for a good part of her life, and was able to talk me down from being a frantic mother/future grandmother.  Her reassurance and advice have been a comfort to me and my daughter.

Having diabetes has terrible consequences, and Melynda has suffered many of them.  Recently her eyes have been "hit" by this terrible disease.  But, when I read her blogs, she manages to mix the tragic/comedy of her life.  "Yes, diabetes sucks, but...."

Knowing a truly incredible individual like Melynda has changed me.  Oh, not big changes, but the changes that make me a kinder better person. 

I encourage you--No, I demand--to go to the following site and see Melynda's two books for yourself.

More Nonsense!




7 comments:

  1. This sounds like an interesting book!

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will check it out! I will hop over to your site to meet you, Gina.

      Delete
  2. She sounds wonderful! Good luck to your daughter, as she deals with gestational diabetes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your concern! My daughter has one more month!! She is controlling the diabetes with diet and exercise. Be sure to pop over to Melynda's site and read her stuff.

      Delete
  3. Susan! What can I say? You brought tears to my eyes. Thank you my friend. No jokes from me today. I'm all choked up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You deserve much more praise for all that you have accomplished. You are a dear friend.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!