Monday, June 11, 2012

Delores at 'myfeatherednest'



The pram held the dollies and memories of play-times long ago.  Set among the other auction items, it was out of place and from another era. 

I didn’t think I would find my final days here, on the grass surrounded by these people!  Don’t they know how to dress?  How to conduct themselves? 

Hours went by and the auctioneer called out the bids until only a few things remained, including the pram and her precious dollies.  Finally it was lifted and placed on the stage.

What is he saying…I don’t understand him at all.  No manners whatsoever!  What did he just say?  SOLD!  I have been SOLD?  Oh, the indignity!

It was lifted down and a young girl grasped the handles.  “Oh, Mommy!  It’s perfect!  I shall call the dollies ‘Matilda’ and ‘Gracie’!”

Oh!  I have a new little lady, a new home!  Come, dollies, we have a little girl to love at last!

11 comments:

  1. That is so sweet. Lovely story. I have to admit that after I put the "soft focus" on it all I could think of was Rosebud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it had that Citizen Kane nostalgia to it. How did you do the soft focus??

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's old can be new again in the hands of a different owner.

    A sweet tale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great observation--in the hands of a different owner. That is the key.

      Delete
  4. I'm wondering when last have I seen one of these wicker/cane prams..."olde worlde" charm at its best...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never seen an authentic one like this--just replications. But it does make one think of Victorian England.

      Delete
  5. You did a great job. So imaginative. I thought about writing from this prompt, but my thoughts went morbid, for some reason. Glad you made it a happy story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fight against the darkness, as it comes too easily for me. So I went more nostalgic.

      Delete
  6. I am a sucker for a happy ending. Sniff. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some things cry out for a happy ending.

      Delete
  7. Ooh, I covet that darling pram, and the dollies, too! I also loved the story, that these sweet treasures would be loved once more. I have a weakness for vintage toys, but I'm not so willing to let them be played with! Maybe when my grand-babies come along I'll be more willing . . .

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!