Friday, February 10, 2012

Bacon, Bacon, Bacon

Bacon, Bacon, Bacon….

This is actually part of a family song and dance that my little girls and I perform when I make a food that they really like.  The song was originally about tuna fish sandwiches, but also applies to bacon, pancakes, pizza, and all the major child food groups.
Remember the cool dance they did? 

How does the dance go?  Well, one has to picture “The Breakfast Club” movie.  It is from the mid-1980s with Emilio Estevez, Aly Sheedy, and other good actors whose names I cannot remember.
I see IHOP in my future!

Back to the bacon subject…There is no odor quite as enticing as cooking bacon.  That odor weaves through the house, clings to one’s hands, and splatters onto the clothes.  Technically, bacon is a “gift that keeps on giving” all day long. 
Maple bacon chocolate

My M/C Ellen Jo Carter, frequently refers to bacon and also coffee as ambrosia and having the ability to arouse one who is near death.   In Preacher's Creek

This BACON love is growing.

Jack-in-the-Box: the new Bacon Shake

Jack-in-the-Box recently released a new milk-shake:  Bacon shake, which is vanilla milk-shake into which the essence of bacon oil is added.  YUMMMMY!

AND, if that wasn't all, they have a new BLT commercial.  A young man falls in love with, and then marries the Jack-in-the-Box BACON BACON Cheeseburger.  Bliss comes in all forms.  You can see this special marital union at marrybacon.com

Be sure to have a box of tissues (and napkins) handy.


Admit it:  We have all bought something here.

San Diego County Fair (and other fairs) has had deep-fat fried, chocolate coated bacon as one of its fine dining options in the food vendors.
These are not real turtles, they're faux turtles.

Bacon is the new gourmet taste. 

So ends my tribute to the food of the gods:  BACON

Clearly this is my love song for bacon.  If you want to sign up for  “Love is in the Air” blogfest, click on this:  Love Is In The Air!


30 comments:

  1. You had me at bacon....my favouritest flavour of all....add a pile of mashed potatoes and gravy and I'll carry out any illegal request you may have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bacon, mash. potatoes, gravy, biscuits, sausage, fried potatoes--all the stuff of my childhood.

      Delete
  2. haha food of the gods you say? Well it is a food I eat and the cats bum for it too, so maybe you are right. The breakfast club was a great movie too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bacon: the universal food for man and cat alike!

      Delete
  3. Bacon lovers unite! Ha ha ha, I do so love bacon as well! I am one of those strange people that fry bacon to chase away the blues. Ice cream may work for others, but bacon is my first choice for almost anything and it goes with everything! Great post-- Need bacon on my friday pizza :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bacon is awesome on pizza. The best of two worlds combining.

      Delete
  4. My sis-in-law made bacon ice cream once, I think.

    (My husband and kids sing a song about bacon when they're making it, too. ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are in there, doing the bacon dance!

      Delete
  5. I had no idea Jack-in-the-Box has a bacon milkshake. Wow! My husband would love that. He was given bacon salt and bacon flavored lip balm for Christmas. The lip balm is yuck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave my son-in-law bacon flavored teeth floss for Christmas. He never told me how it was, though.

      Delete
  6. Lol! This is such a fun post. That shake sounds interesting. This is kind of off the subject, but have you ever had a fried coke? They are sooo good ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How would someone make a fried coke??! I would really like to know!

      Delete
  7. Now you've made me hungry for bacon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I know! After I wrote this post, I sent my husband out for BLTs and pancakes w/bacon!

      Delete
  8. Ugh. Bacon cupcakes and deep fried chocolate bacon have my stomach turning. I don't even think it relates to my vegetarianism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't think it would. Growing up on a farm where we raised pigs, bacon was one of the food groups. Sorry.

      Delete
  9. I love bacon, but I'd have to pass on the bacon shake. That's just wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to work up to it. It is a mentally jarring picture, the combination of the two.

      Delete
  10. I love bacon and eat it for breakfast nearly every morning. I did try the new BLT Cheeseburger the other day, but I don't think I'm quite ready for the bacon shake.


    Lee
    A Faraway View
    An A to Z Co-host blog
    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I am not ready either. The thought of vanilla shake nectar and bacon crunchy goodness melding--it is almost indecent. No, I must take baby-steps on this food decision. :)

      Delete
  11. Around our house, if you smell bacon, it must be Sunday! We all love it too, but we're purists, just bacon and eggs please, no chocolate covered bacon here!

    Great post! I hadn't thought of The Breakfast Club in years. I need to rent it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to check it out, too! 1985! Wasn't that just yesterday, or something? All those stars are old, like me...

      Delete
  12. This was so funny. Today at work someone tortured us with bacon. It is the universal smell of love for sure. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what perfume I'll be wearing on Valentine's Day: a smear of bacon grease on each wrist. I may sprinkle some crumbled bacon in my hair...or not.

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. I saw how they were made on some cooking show. It is a hamburger, strips of bacon, two or more hot dogs--all put on a grill or in an oven. I don't know if I could eat it, though.

      Delete
  14. Hey, I love bacon too! I guess I ought to try a cupcake topped with a mini slice of bacon. Sounds appetizing.

    Funny post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People tell me that it is good, kinda like sea salt on caramel fudge. Let me know how it tastes!

      Delete
  15. Dear Susan,
    As a vegetarian, I haven't eaten bacon for nearly thirty-two years. But I will tell you, in support of your contention about the bliss of eating bacon, that when I visit a house where bacon has been fried that day the smell brings back to me wonderful memories of a different time in my life.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smells of coffee, bacon, and cinnamon rolls awaken something within me. Maybe it is an early childhood memory, but I feel happy when I smell those marvelous foods.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!