Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Announcing the A-Z challenge!

Preparing Ahead for April

Artwork by Ada Z. at CollagePodge


Arlee Bird announced the coming of the April 2012 A-to-Z Blogfest/Challenge last week.  Wednesday, November 16, was the big reveal and I missed it!!

To be honest, I have had an awfully busy week.

My dear mother-in-law, who is “Mom” to me for nearly 40 years, had emergency surgery and was not doing well at all.  She is 85 years old, but believes firmly that things like this should not be happening to her.  Mom is not a good patient, let me tell you.

It was Teacher/Parent Conferences last week.  My granddaughters had half-days at school, needed to be picked up, fed, and do their homework.  On Tuesday, 11-15, I made stacks of pancakes and fried eggs.  Bright Eyes ate eight (8) adult sized pancakes and one egg, over easy.  Wednesday, we ordered in spaghetti and a super-torpedo sandwich.  Both girls ate all of it and part of the table.

Sooo, without giving excuses, I am announcing that the A-to-Z Challenge for April 2012 is on.  Go to this site for further information.


Okay, they didn’t eat half the table, but they could have.  I swear it.


P.S.  You have to check out my interview with Arlee Bird, scheduled for Saturday, November 26, 2011!!  This is so awesome--really!
His site is:
Wrote by Rote: Arlee Bird 

8 comments:

  1. Hope your mother in law is coming along.. Sounds like she has lots of will power.
    Looking forward to your interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wrote a comment and it vanished. Sorry if you get this twice.
    I love it when you write about your granddaughters. 8 pancakes!? That is incredible. She gets the good eater award. I hope your mother-in-law is doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a chuckle out of your granddaughters' eating your table! This brought back fond memories of my own granddaughters.
    Ann Best, Memoir Author

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Susan,
    I chuckled at the vision of your grand-daughters with stacks of pancakes oozing syrup and butter and all that dripping onto the table so that they took a big bite out of that too!

    Thanks for the new blog information, but I've decided not to visit any new blogs for the next couple of months. I need to complete a copyediting project for a client and so I'm shepherding my time. Perhaps closer to April I'll read about this A to Z challenge.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's that time of the year when women are busy, or should I say, overwhelmed. Men are usually "someplace else" around now.

    My best to you and your mother-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When my mom was 73 she got attacked by dogs and almost died. She was totally PO'd when the reporters referred to her as "elderly". I hope your MIL feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope that Mom is feeling much, much better. And yes, that did sound like a VERY busy week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the mention of A to Z. I'm going to link back to this on my December 6th post on the A to Z blog. Looking forward to the interview. Hope your week slows down some for the weekend. Mine's been a bit crazy as well.


    Lee
    A Faraway View

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!