Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hometown


A John Deere combine sits at the end of harvest.  It's been cleaned up and is ready for next year.

My father spent a lot of time at this place.  Retired farmers don't really retire.

The Methodist Church is surrounded by golden trees in the fall.

Log cabins are never allowed to crumble into pieces.  They are reworked, added to, and made into a home for the next generations.

These homes are down by the railroad tracks, next to broad fields.  Harvest is done, so it is much quieter, and has less corn-dust.

This lovely home always, always has a seasonal display with an American flag.  I have seen this home for more years than I care to confess, and every year it is lovely.

I wish I owned this trike.

These owners are such talented gardeners.  From Spring to Winter, their yard has color.
Migraines have robbed me of several days.  So I will instead share some autumn photos of my mother's hometown.  It is a 'pictures and a thousand words' sort of thing.

6 comments:

  1. I have a good friend with debilitating migraines. Don't know how you get on. Thanks for the lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these photographs. They take me back to the small farming community where my maternal grandparents and lots of cousins lived (and still do). Now I just want to know the name of your mother's hometown.

    And thanks for stopping by two days ago and commenting on the next excerpt of my WIP. I appreciate your response.

    And I do hope that migraine is gone by now. I have several friends who get migraines, and a younger daughter, and they do sound awful. They are indeed robbers of time!
    Ann Best, Author of In the Mirror, A Memoir of Shattered Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  3. And a lovely, warm looking hometown it is. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great hometown, that house with the flag is truly a nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to see your hometown.

    Migraines plague me also. A few weeks ago I had an aura that made it difficult for me to see clearly. They do have some wonderful drugs today that work, unfortunately, I can't take them due to some other problems that I have.

    Hope tomorrow is better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that's not California. Illinois? Looks nice. I'll be posting my weird food post next Friday 10/28. Make sure you check it out.


    Lee
    Tossing It Out
    Please see my guest post at:
    So You Want to be a Writer?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!