Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tag! I'm IT!


This lovely photo came from someone's blog, but can't remember who...

Today I was ‘tagged’ by Dawn Hamsher at http://thewritesoil.blogspot.com/!  I really enjoy her blogs, and was honored to be one of the tag-ees. 

That said, I will tell you ten random and previously unknown things about myself.  Then I will tag five other bloggers!  Here goes:


1.      I really enjoy reading children’s books, all types and ages.  The art and the language thrill me. 
 

2.     “Doctor Who” has been a favorite series, from way back.  I lost touch with my Who roots in 1985, and recently have returned to the TARDIS.


3.     I yearn to live in a place where the predominant nature color is green.  Here is So. California, the green tends to be faded most of the year.


4.     I am playing the piano again.  Oh, not with a performance goal, but to hear the music, and feel it.  In 1998, my right elbow suffered a bad injury, and three of my fingers were partially disabled.  God has given music back to me, and I play for Him and me.


5.     Seeing a baby renders me incapable of logical thought.  I melt.


6.     People amaze me.  Knowing that every car on the freeway holds a                   family with thoughts and dreams like me—well, that is just amazing.  


7.     I am not confrontational.  Over my teaching years, there were      situations where I had to go toe-to-toe with some aggressive (sometimes abusive) parents.  It took everything in me, but it was God’s words that came out.


8.     I realize that my years ahead are probably countable using all my digits.
 

9.     I miss my mother more than words can say.  She died April 3, 2011.


 I     I love the smell of rain.

Well, there you go!  The five lucky tagged people are:


He thinks, ponders...



7 comments:

  1. I can relate to so many things you have written, especially the last three.

    I am so happy for you that you can return to playing the piano. I always wished I had the opportunity to learn a musical instrument.

    Pennsylvania could not be greener now. It was just not a pleasant experience for it to get this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan. I'm a new follower here, thanks to a suggestion from Laura.

    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for tagging me Susan :) I'm so happy you found a way to bring music back into your life. I play piano too. It is such a wonderful instrument.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the tag!

    I'm glad to hear you were able to start playing the piano again. :)

    I love the smell of rain, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blogging world we inhabit is such a generous universe. Your tagging today will bring readers to new and refreshing sites. Thank you for suggesting these five. I'll go and browse.

    That you can once again make music is a great gift to all who know you.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved that you tagged Melissa! It was so fun to read her responses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Recently I too was tagged, but had no idea what I was supposed to do.
    Agree on point #5

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!