Saturday, August 13, 2011

Small Stones

Courtesy of Bing.com
I don't want to be here!

Lined up
With names written on hats
Looking for
Parents--
First day
Kindergarten   

Eyes peering

Over the fence
“There she is!”
“They look so tiny!”
Kindergarten
Parents.





Tears stream
Down the cheeks
Look at the window
Mommy?
Kindergarten 
is scary



It's okay, you can go now.
 


















I'm not ready for this!
Tears stream
Down the cheeks
Look at the window
“You have to leave now, Ma’am!”
Parents trudge
To their cars.
I knew this was happening, but....

                                     

6 comments:

  1. Oh man...it's right around the corner isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you just brought back memories. I followed the bus to the school to make sure my J was ok. then I went home and cried. When my Son went I thought it would be a cinch, but there I was following again and came home and cried and cried...When J goes to college I am going to need therapy! :O(
    great post!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, as a long time teacher in the frantic activity of the new term plus first day at school, I don't think we consider how the parents feel, we're too busy thinking about the children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also cried when I saw my grandchildren go off to school and realized they were babies no more.

    Passages.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember those days all too well with my two girls. Except, I was ecstatic to get home at 5:00 AM from work, fix breakfast, get the girls dressed into their cute little uniforms, brush their hair (always a chore) and deliver them to school . . . "Have a nice day, girls. Daddy's going to sleep!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. My oldest daughter suffered such separation tears with her first three children. Then, as three more came along, it was whew! they're in school for a while. I get a break. And now the teenage years--life is frantic.

    Passages--A good word (above) that caught my eye. A time and a season for everything.
    Ann Best, Author of In the Mirror, A Memoir of Shattered Secrets

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!