Friday, August 12, 2011

It's that time of year....


It is that time of year already.

The stores are stocking up, and the supplies line the shelves. 

Children are primed and ready.  Can I have this?  What about this one?

Advertisements in the Sunday paper tell us adults that there are sales on NOW!

Catalogs started arriving at the end of July, and I have finally admitted it to myself: 

Christmas is coming, and Halloween & Thanksgiving, too.

You don't need a fresh pumpkin, anymore!
Terry’s Village catalog was the first in my mailbox.  I held it in disbelief, as the temperature was 94 degrees and it was the end of July.
Where are my snowmen??











Ltd.Commodities have sent me a catalog, too, and it is loaded with Christmas gift items!
I am sooo ready!

Oriental Trading Company is always on top of the game.
Anything, anytime of the year.

What can I say?  Here it is, August, and already commercials are hitting the TV, urging my granddaughters to ask for these marvelous special toys.


Merry Christmas ,everyone!  Just want to make sure I get my best wishes out there to each and everyone of you!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Holidays to you, too!

    We haven't gotten any catalogs yet . . . but I'm sure they'll be coming soon. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've pre-planned this time of year long ago. It's September when my grapes come in, so everyone gets wine for the holidays . . . anyone at least everyone 21 and older, that is . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my biggest pet peeves! By the time December rolls around I am so anxiety ridden about gifts I can't see straight and worse yet It keeps me from really enjoying everything. I can't believe you have received those catalogues already! UGH
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really dislike how they keep pushing the holidays so far out of season. A couple weeks ago I saw Halloween candy and decorations in the stores. It makes me cranky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life goes by quickly, doesn't it?

    Most people hate these "early" advertisements, but they must work or they would not be spending so much money on them. With the economy the way it is, they will want to get your money today before it is all gone tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!