|Photos courtesy of Bing.com|
What should have been a normal, “Okay, Mom. I’ll put that away right now!”, becomes a shouting match.
|Angry Little Girl|
Then there is a lot more yelling, some chasing, running upstairs, and more yelling only more shrill.
The next minutes get all blurry because they happen at super-fast speed:
Girl gets hoisted up in a football carry;
· Girl grabs the door frame with both hands;
· Mother drops girl on the bed;
· Girl screams acidic defiance and insults;
· Girl grips the twin bed with both hands, hurling a final volley of unintelligible insults;
Mother rolls the girl over and gives one good swat;
· Mother leaves screeching girl in room;
· and, the door slams.
Thirty years ago, I dealt with my own little shrieking girl, who is yet to be a mother herself.
Now my other adult daughter has her own little harpy girl to contend in hand-to-hand battle.
I feel badly for her.
|I have had it with you!|