Summer is measured in so many ways. I guess it comes down to that basic premise.
Summer is measured:
* in the amount of fireflies caught and held in a quart jar.
* in the wrinkled fingers of my grandchildren after swimming all day.
* in the number of times people comment on how hot it is today.
* by the number of the SPF in the sunblock lotion.
* by how high I want the A/C set.
* by the lack of football games on TV.
* by the sales of summer clothes at JCPenney.
Can you add to the list? I wonder how many measurements our blogging community can add?