Monday, July 18, 2011

The Barn out in the back


The timbers felt strong, even though the boards were fading from red to gray.  The tin roof had held up for decades, but even it was starting to doubt its integrity.  

 The weeds around the outside appeared to be holding the barn up, with so many vines and creepers.  The silent dust-mote interior spoke of cows, hay, empty feed sacks, and hidden bottles.  

 How much longer can it stand?  Even it doesn’t know.

Click below to follow other photos that inspired or intrigued so many talented writers!
Inspiration Point Blogfest  

8 comments:

  1. When I think of the work that went into the original construction, of the hopes and dreams attached to it I get so angry that it and countless others across the country have fallen into disrepair. To me it indicates a total lack of respect for our ancestors. These outbuildings served a useful purpose once, they housed life. What a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love places like this!- I get lost in imagination. And this barn is so artistic - it's fantastic! Thanks for the super prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks sooo magical! Your writing always makes me think. I LOVE it :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Imagine the story of that place. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If those wall could talk! Looks like the Earth is reclaiming it, but then again who knows? That old construction is probably strong enough to last much longer than we think.
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to see that old barn up close. I love those old structures.. I always wonder who worked or played there. How many kittens ran around chasing mice in the hay stored in the lofts. I imagine cows being impatient over the kittens swatting their tails. Oh i'm being naughty! Thanks for sharing. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great description. Love the pick too.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!