The past year has been hard for my family. Over the past 15 years, we lost two brothers, our father, and now our mother. The rural area that had been ‘home’ for generations dating back to the 1820s, now has no ties for us. When our mother died in April 2011, there went the last reason to return to the farmlands and small towns. Most probably, we would never again drive down those country roads we once knew so very well.
1. The smell of angel food cake baking.
2. The sound of a violin solo and getting goose bumps
4. Holding hands with my husband in a dark movie theater
5. Churning homemade ice cream under a maple tree on a hot summer day
7. Holding a baby
8. Walking on the beach with the tide washing over my feet
9. Watching a smiling young couple pushing a baby stroller
11. Singing the “Hallelujah Chorus”
12. Reading poetry aloud in an empty house
This is my list.
Do you have a list? What would be on that list?