Tuesday, April 26, 2011

V is for


There are places I plan to visit, beautiful places.  The National Geographic shaped my mind to desire to see these places for myself. 

I must go to Yellowstone National Park.  I don’t have to see Ol’ Faithful geyser, but I must see the mountains, the buffalo, and breathe the pine scented air. 

I must go to Mount Rushmore, where someone with a great vision of what could be carved into granite and produced the faces of some of America’s most honored presidents. 

I must go to Alaska, and gaze at ancient glaciers, listening to iceberg size pieces ‘calving’. 

I probably will manage trips to these amazing natural wonders God created.

But, being greedy, I will wish for one more, knowing that I will never ever go there:  Victoria Falls in Africa.  Why won’t I go there?  Well, I really do not enjoy plane travel, and Africa holds too many questions for me to feel safe, at this point of my non-adventurous soul.  But, still I will always wonder about Victoria Falls.

After writing about “UP!” in the previous blog, it is natural for me to think about Victoria Falls, I suppose:  V is for Victoria Falls

 To hear the thunderous roar of the water, to feel the spray of the mist rising up from the gorge, to follow the rainbow to its end--these things I will dream about some quiet night.
Thank you, Arlee Bird and your team.
Please check the link below to see what other bloggers dream about when considering the letter "V".

16 comments:

  1. Hope you get to all those places. I was on my way to be married in what is now Zimbabwe and stopped off at the Falls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some wonderful places hope you get there.

    Yvonne,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures...I love the rainbows. Life is so short. If you really really want to go you shouldn't let anything stop you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your choice for 'V'. I'm sure that a virtual trip to Victoria Falls these days is thisclose to the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazingly beautiful place! Now I want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful imagery. I can relate to the longing for adventure tempered by some healthy fear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tend to prefer the wonders that man has created, ancient ruins and monuments and such. I've had the privilege of visiting the Coliseum in Rome and the Pyramids in Egypt. Greece and Ireland are still on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful places...they look like something from a story book. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to move on and see places too.

    I hope you'll get to visit those gorgeous wonders soon.

    Thanks for stopping by at The Farm and for following Susan.

    Grandpa
    Life on The Farm

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...love the pics. My wife yearns for a trip to Africa. Perhaps someday:)

    Great selection for "V."

    EL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I hope you get to Victoria Falls someday. Maybe your concerns will go away. In the mean time, enjoy it in your dreams :-) So beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful places :) I want to go to Alaska too--doesn't it sound wonderful?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I have so many places on my list. Victoria Falls is gorgeous, but I feel the same about travel there. One can dream, though. I hope you make it everywhere you want to.

    Good luck on the remainder of the A to Z Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many thanks for your most kind comment.
    Yvonne,

    ReplyDelete
  15. National Geographic was an inspiring magazine for me as a child. How I loved to dream I was in some of those magical places. XOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just take me to these places that you want to go to!! It's a big dream and I hope to visit America 'coz I haven't been there - yet.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!