Thursday, April 14, 2011

L is for...

LISTS!  I am a list maker, with lists covering things to pack, things to buy,  places I need to go, blogs that are hosting blogfests, and just about anything else which can be made into a list.  It is not that I have to make a list in order to go from point A to point B.  No, actually I have a fairly decent memory.  With my migraines, I have had to make more lists than usual, when the brain fog creeps into my head.

Recently, the artsy nonsensical words that one must type after posting a comment following a blog entry have become fascinating.  As I decipher these collections of letters and begin typing, I noticed that my computer is frantically suggesting words, trying to guess what is or should be next.  Maybe my computer is trying to reach out to me?  Perhaps it senses that I am not a sharp as I used to be?

Thus, my list has words like these:  gicasu, farmal,, scistral, granzet, mrenit, firjilz, viltimal, miltrev, and on…

Alice in Wonderland has a lovely poem of nonsense words, “The Jabberwocky”.  I decided to take a jab at this fun idea, and compose a paragraph using some words on my list:

            "The frentmc  blew in from the east that benai, a bad irmanc for me.  With an easterly frentmc, came the neezlt from the clftem  and all the memories I thought I had left in that desolate scrotm.  Leaning back against the barn with my jiftli  closed, I sensed those memories nuklim  up like so many yucca jamsic.  The flogtl  was dry when I arrived and when I left the neezlt.  Roberto had died in my arms the  irmanc I critleg  into his Vralnrd, at death’s door myself.  There had been time only for one nutkrc, and his whispered warning, “ Triglle  this jomnry  now.” Then he had closed his jiftli."

Lists a good things, but maybe I have carried them too far. 
Many thanks to the A-Z Blogfest Crew.  Link to the following site to check out other blogs:

21 comments:

  1. I have always made lists, and then, lists of my lists. One thing I have never made a list of is nonsense words, however, after the slew of "confirmation" combinations of letters I have run into today, I may have to remedy that. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forget my shopping list at the store when I go, I need to be a better list-er. lol. I think it'd stress my husband out a bit less. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stands the Church clock at ten to three? And is there honey still for tea? ... :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I make a list I very often lose the list.

    Loved the post and a very good L word.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very sorry at your loss.....I didn't know

    Thanks for letting me know.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the most fabulous use of those words I've ever seen! So creative and fun! A writing exercise I bet no one else has ever tried :)

    So here's a little stab at the same idea using the word that just came up to allow me to post my comment - The youngster came along and ousped me out of my chair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the dreaded list (jk). This brings me back to my compulsive, much younger days where everything I did required a listed plan. Thankfully, through shear persistence, I was able to overcome the need for lists. I just had to commit to memory, my daily and weekly routines (less procrastination, particular in terms of school-work and job).

    Great post! And I'm sorry for your "migraines." From the looks of it, you're doing a helluva job dealing with 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love lists - have a very bad habit of collecting other people's lost ones! They make for some very interesting reading...
    Amazing how you can fill your Jabberwocky with all sorts of meaning :)
    Have a great weekend
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too love making lists, they sometimes get out of control though. I like looking back to a ticked off list...feeling of great acomplishment! Have a great weekend.

    http://realityarts-creativity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lifetime Replacement is an element that you scarcely find, any time you Buy facebook reviews. Merely a handful of decent companies are offering this. buy facebook reviews ratings

    ReplyDelete
  11. Facebook is a fantastic system which offers its customers immense probabilities to expand their perspectives. buy usa facebook fans

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely nothing is free of cost on this planet, but insure that you Buy facebook reviews merely from reliable sources for good reputation on-line. buy facebook fanpage ratings

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!